Introduction: Until we know
and understand our position in Christ, we can not fully appreciate the
power we have over our enemy. Satan's weapon is lies, ours is Truth. Jesus
The following list is taken
from Dr. Neil T. Anderson's book; "Victory Over the Darkness." No matter
what thoughts/doubts Satan plants in our minds, these lists spell out what
God says about us and are therefore, the ultimate Truth!
I strongly recommend that
every believer, young or old, prayerfully read "Victory Over the Darkness"
and lay hold of the authority given to us over the powers of darkness.
|Who Am I?
- I am the salt of the earth (Matt. 5:13)
- I am the light of the world (Matt. 5:14)
- I am a child of God (John 1:12)
- I am a part of the true vine, a channel
of Christ's life (John 15:1,5)
- I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
- I am chosen and appointed by Christ to
bear His fruit (John 15:16)
- I am a slave of righteousness (Rom. 6:8)
- I am enslaved to God (Rom. 6:22)
- I am a son of God; God is spiritually my
Father (Rom. 8:14,15; Gal. 3:26; 4:6)
- I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing
His inheritance with Him (Rom. 8:17)
- I am a temple - a dwelling place - of
God. His Spirit and His life dwells in me (1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19)
- I am united to the Lord and am one spirit
with Him (1 Cor. 6:17)
- I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Cor.
12:27; Eph. 5:30)
- I am a new creation ((2 Cor. 5:17)
- I am reconciled to God and am a minister
of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18,19)
- I am a son of God and one in Christ (Gal.
- I am an heir of God since I am a son of
God (Gal. 4:6,7)
- I am a saint (Eph. 1:1; 1 Cor 1:2; Phil.
1:1; Col. 1:2)
- I am God's workmanship - His handiwork -
born anew in Christ to do His work (Eph 2:10)
- I am a fellow citizen with the rest of
God's family (Eph. 2:19)
- I am a prisoner of Christ (Eph. 3:1; 4:1)
- I am righteous and Holy (Eph. 4:24)
- I am a citizen of Heaven, seated in
Heaven right now (Phil. 3:20; Eph. 2:6)
- I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
- I am an expression of the life of Christ
because He is my life ((Col. 3:4)
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly
beloved (Col. 3:12; 1 Thes. 1:4)
- I am a son of light and not of darkness
(1 Thes. 5:5)
- I am a holy partaker of a holy calling
- I am a partaker of Christ; I share His
life (Heb. 3:14)
- I am one of God's living stones being
built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Pet. 2:5)
- I am a member of a chosen race, a royal
priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession (1 Pet.
- I am an alien and stranger to this world
in which I temporarily live (1 Pet. 2:11)
- I am an enemy of the devil (1 Pet. 5:8)
- I am a child of God and I will resemble
Christ when He returns (1 John 3:1,2)
- I am born of God, and the evil one - the
devil - cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)
- I am not the great "I am" (Ex.
3:14; John 8:24,8,58) but, by the grace of God, I am what I am
(1 Cor. 15:10)